Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Shame on Books

I don't usually think Sports Illustrated is funny. However, I love watching Tiger Woods beat Phil Mickelson, and Sports Illustrated pretty much nailed this one. So check this out . . . http://www.cnn.com/si/2006/writers/alan_shipnuck/08/16/inside.golf/index.html?cnn=yes

Meanwhile, back in my own thoughts, this article made me realize that I don't have to be so hard on myself for not reading a cabinet full of books. This article was well written, humorous, topical, and even made me think a bit. Sure, it wasn't 300 pages long, but length has supposedly never mattered in any equation, right?

The amount of reading I do everyday, of things that receive no awards, praise, or blessings from Maya Angelou, more than compensates for my empty bookshelves. I cannot print out all the electronic media I consume each day. If I did, I would be accused of chopping down rainforests, whereas my brethren with volume after volume filling their shelves are lauded as effete intellectuals, conquerors of ignorance.

Don't ridicule me just because I found a more economical and environmentally friendly way of feeding my mind.

Yum, yum, yum . . . tastes like the 21st century.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home