Thursday, February 14, 2008

AirBook

I sought it, I bought it, I got it.

It is the baby I will never father.  It is the MacBook Air.  As a member of the family, it will live in our home, take vacations with us, and be fed juice to maintain its overall health.  The best part is that there have been few growing pains getting used to this sexy addition to the family, mostly because we are never adverse to more sexy in our lives.

The keyboard glows, like little angels are living under each key, and it is the easiest keyboard to type on I have ever used.  The touchpad has more tricks than a gay man in Chelsea.  The aluminum casing is sexy, strong, and easy to clean.  It is so light it makes you wonder if they pumped it full of helium.

Sure, it's not the workhorse that all my previous computers have been.  Desktop or laptop, my preference in the past has been for computers that can do it all and can stand the test of the short term.  This little Mac is no slouch, but it won't be crunching the graphics calculations of the latest and greatest gaming phenomenon.  The daily web surfing, bill paying, chatting, and all around time wasting activities associated with computers will be its domain.  Thus far, it has done all I have asked of it exceedingly well.

Perhaps in 5 years, instead of being a slim & sexy laptop, it will be a gaunt & frail hunchback.  Perhaps in 5 years, it will no longer be gorgeous to gaze upon.  Perhaps in 5 years, I will shut it for the last time, feel the tug of the magnets on both the screen and my heart, and ship it off to be recycled.

Or maybe I will frame it, hang it on the wall, and let this beautiful machine achieve the ultimate expression of its original purpose: to place form over fabulous function.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home