Friday, October 20, 2006

Couple things

Couple things:

Last night I arrived home to find my most recent music purchase in my mailbox. Finally. Air mail from Australia takes longer than I expected. When I studied for a semester there I heard a song and saw a video for the song "Just the Thing" by PaulMac. Last year he released another album, "Panic Room". I waited and waited, but Itunes never picked it up. So I broke down and bought the double disc album, which was pretty cheap because our US dollar still trumps the AU dollar by about 50%. And I'm loving it. I've heard all the tracks before, but they sound a lot better on my ipod then from a webstream.

Yesterday, while catching my breath on a weight machine at the gym, a guy in his mid-forties climbed aboard the reclining ab bench thing . . . whatever it's called . . . grabbed a medicine ball, and proceeded to do crunches while tossing the ball in the air from side to side above his torso. I've seen this excercise described in MensHealth. I've seen other guys do it at the gym. I've even thought about doing it myself. But this guy should not have been doing it.

Throwing a ball into the air requires some hand eye coordination. Have you ever watched two girls toss a ball back and forth and just cringe because it's only a matter of time before one of them gets hurt or something gets broken or spilled? That's what it was like watching this guy . . . he was ackwardly tossing it to himself and then he looked afraid when it was coming back toward him and he had to catch it. Whether he accomplished anything for his abs is debatable, but I'm sure his blood pressure spiked as he was subjected to playing catch with himself.

Props to him for trying something new tho. Probly not easy teaching his old dog of a body new tricks. I'm just hoping that by that time in my life I will have a home gym where I can look incredibly ridiculous all by myself.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home